While we endeavour to make this website accessible to all, there may be some pages or features that some people find difficult to use.
We’d welcome any feedback you provide as these will enable us to make improvements. We will also provide any information you’re currently finding difficult to access in a different format that you find easier. Please call us on (08) 9251 5777 or send a message using the form on the contact page.
Tab-based navigation and skip to links
This website allows full tab-based navigation:
- when you are on a menu item or hyperlink, press enter to activate
- hold down shift and tab to reverse the tab cycle
- at the top of each page there are options to skip to various areas of the page to assist users of screenreaders and users that are viewing the website zoomed in
Text on this site can be resized by:
- using the zoom and increase font options from your browser’s menu
- press the Ctrl key (Microsoft Windows) or the Apple key (Mac OS) on your keyboard and use the + or – key to zoom in and out
- press Ctrl on your keyboard and scroll with your mouse wheel
Wherever possible, hyperlinks contain descriptions of information found in the link’s destination.
All links open in the same window to improve usability for people with vision impairment, with the exception of links to documents, which open in a new window.
All images that are used to display a meaning will have alternative text available. Some browsers may also display a tooltip of this alternative text when the cursor hovers or focuses on the image. Images that are used for decorative purposes only do not contain any alternative text.
The website uses just a few tables for displaying content, for example, our pages which display many publications we have chosen to display these publications in a tabular format to allow ease of access to multiple formats.
If you do not have the required software to view the documents available on this site, the following free downloads or online applications will allow you to view the documents:
- PDF Documents – Adobe PDF Reader
- Microsoft PowerPoint Presentations – PowerPoint Office Online, or OpenOffice for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows
- Microsoft Excel Documents – Excel Office Online, or OpenOffice for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows
- Microsoft Word Documents – Word Office Online, OpenOffice for Linux, Mac OS X and Window
Our commitment to web accessibility
Our website aims to meet the West Australian web accessibility requirements, including meeting the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 (WCAG 2.1) at level A.
No responsibility is taken for the accessibility levels of external websites linked to from this website.
For more information about customising your web browser and computer set up, visit the W3C website.
This accessibility statement was last reviewed in September 2023.